Do you have land with development potential for sale in England (Midlands to south coast) or Central Scotland?
Do You Have Land To Sell?
When selling land you can work with Prime Land Consultants to maximize your site’s development potential. We work with landowners with potential development land in 2 ways:
1. We have investors who will fund a purchase conditional on site investigation only, through to clients who will purchase subject to obtaining full planning approval. All take different views on planning risks – see below for our current requirements and land acquisitive clients.
Are you a property professional acting for a landowner client? Please click through to the property professional link.
You may own a ransom strip to land or be impacted by a potential ransom strip. We are also able to help with our experience in these matters.
2. As Chartered Surveyors we are also instructed to sell development land. In these land sales, we will conduct a full audit, checking the history of any planning applications and any issues such as access, then:
- Prepare marketing brochures; this typically involves an information gathering exercise to address issues such as access rights and titles.
- Either go to market by advertising the development opportunity, or contact potential buyers directly off-market from our database of contacts.
- Communicate with potential purchasers to answer queries.
- Proceed to a closing date or negotiate the sale. Then evaluate the offers received.
- Liaise with the vendor’s solicitor and appoint a purchaser.
- Scrutinise the results of any site investigations.
- Monitor the progress of submission of planning applications and other necessary applications
- Advise on any abnormal deductions such as servicing costs
In most cases, landowners need to address constraints prior to a disposal, and we therefore offer a project management service to find solutions to these critical issues.
Our Current Land Requirements Are...
Prime Land Consultants clients are housebuilders, care home and retirement village operators, property developers and investors.
We identify off-market development opportunities, which have not been advertised in various ways including through our extensive network of contacts.
We are constantly on the look-out for valuable, development land which may be owned by farmers and private landowners. These development opportunities can be introduced to retirement living operators, housebuilders and mixed-use developers.
We also approach property agents, architects and receivers with development sites. See Our Clients.
1. Edge of Settlement Greenfield or Brownfield Land – from 1 to 100 acres:
- Strategic development land - land not currently allocated for general housing or mixed use but with potential.
2. For Senior Living Development – from 0.75 acres up to 50 acres:
- Land within large master plan sites.
- Land allocated in a Local Plan or with existing / lapsed planning permission for residential development / care home.
- Large house with substantial grounds.
- Mixed use sites – redevelopment of retail uses.
3. Land in Towns & Cities – from Gap Sites to Major Redevelopment Sites - from 0.75 to 4 acres:
- Within mixed-use sites & large master planned villages for medical centres, residential development , discount retailers & senior living homes.
The table below shows good examples of sites and land to introduce to Prime Land Consultants:
Residential & Senior Living Sites
Land in Garden Villages & Master Plans
Redundant hotels or pubs
Golf courses looking to dispose of land
60’s / 70’s office blocks
Farmland on edge of settlements & near road junctions
Tertiary shopping centres
Stately homes in accessible locations
Outdated industrial estates & sheds
Old nursing homes with large plot
Old filling stations, garages
Site assembly of 2 large or more residential homes
Car parks and lockups
Residential houses on large plots.
Vacant infill sites
Our Principal, Tom Rankin, has worked in land acquisition teams at major house builders before founding Prime Land Consultants in 2004. Please contact Tom Rankin to discuss your development land opportunities or requirements.